Friday, January 1, 2010

A Third Item from Butterick 5394. . .

Happy New Year! I have now made three separate items from this same Butterick 5394 pattern.  This last item is a kimono jacket made from an ultrasoft fleece print.  I've had this fabric in my stash for at least 10 years and never knew what I was going to make from it.  I chose this jacket because I wanted to pair it with jeans and a taupe turtleneck sweater.  I went ahead and lined it even though the pattern does not call for a lining.  I thought the slippery-ness of the lining would make it slide on and off when wearing it with sweaters.  Probably not necessary, but I had the lining in my stash too, so it fell into my resolution to use up what I have in my stash before purchasing more fabric.  I even cleaned out my stash and decided that some fabrics no longer interested me and were ready to be given away. I like that I was able to get three totally different looks from this one pattern.  My resolution for the year is to make more of my own clothes, and hopefully to wear at least one handmade item every day.  I better get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment