Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Long Time No Blog



Wow! It's been a long time since I've last blogged. I've been busy! My husband retired from the Navy and my son graduated from high school - sniffle, sniffle! I was crazy busy planning these events but I did make some cool stuff - several tops and a dress.

This is a horrible picture of me in particular so I'm leaving it small - but the dress was from BWOF and my daughter's dress was a made from an embroidered cotton - pattern # to following since I can't seem to find it now!


For the graduation I made a top from a very pretty purple colored silk twill. I loved the color and the pattern is Simplicity #0508. Hard to tell in this picture, but it's a simple pullover top.

I've also recently made a sheer tunic from a previous BWOF that l like very much too! It's a lime green print with purple acorns and white branches - picture to follow!

And the most exciting news of all is that I got an iPhone for Mother's Day! Now normally I return whatever expensive gift they give me, but not this time! Darling husband was probably hoping I would, but nope, not this time. I LOVE THIS PHONE! It's amazing. I can read all the wonderful blogs I follow and check out pattern review any time I want - even when I'm waiting in the carpool line or sitting out at a baseball practice. I instantly get my e-mails, have my shopping list, calendar, and can even search recipes all while waiting on someone to finish something. My geographical location is recognized by the phone and then it tells me what restaurants, movie theaters, and gas stations are available. It can even tell me the healthiest options at the restaurant I chose and when I'm done, it figures out the tip! It tells me how fast I take my walks, how many calories I've burned and how far I've gone. The kids and I are going geocaching all with my phone! AND, it's an iPod too! Who's the cool techno mom, um that would be ME! I can even BLOG from my PHONE! I'll try that later!

Time to figure out my next project and hopefully document it a little easier as I go. Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment