Friday, February 27, 2009

Finished purse!

I finished the purse! Here it is in various stages. I used plastic canvas to give it shape and stability and sewed a strip of the zebra print to the handle. I added purse feet so it would stand nicely and voila - the finished purse. It does have a zippered closure as well as the magnetic flap and the lining has a zippered pocket too. It went together pretty quickly and although I used the BWOF 02-2009 issue as starting point, I did not follow their directions and made additions as I saw fit - like the pocket and the zippers and the feet, and I did not make the straps as long as theirs nor did I make them adjustable. My straps measure about 24 inches, which made for a comfortable hanging height on me. I like the shape, so I may end up making more - it was easier than I thought it would be and it was fun! Next I'm working on a dress from the same BWOF issue. Tomorrow I make a duct tape double in a class. Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment