Monday, February 8, 2010

No Snow Day?!

While most of the east coast and some of the midwest got to stay home and play, we Coloradoans did NOT get a snow day.  Is it because they expect people living in Colorado to drive on ice and snow as if it were any other day of the week?  Is it because they LOVE to torture school aged children who do the snow day dance before bedtime only to be awakened at 6:30 a.m. for school on a day with 3 inches of snow.  Now granted 3 inches is not much for our neck of the woods, but for crying out loud, it's MONDAY, it's COLD and I didn't make lunches before I went to bed because I didn't think any school administrator in their right mind would send children out to buses in snow and ice and frigid temperatures! I therefore revolted and granted my happy little children a no snow day holiday.  Did I get any sewing done like so many of my favorite bloggers?  Did I get caught up on laundry or cleaning out the fridge which clearly is growing penicillin on its own? Did I even get out of my pajamas?  Why no, dear readers, I did not!  And that my friends, is the beauty of a no snow day!  Here's hoping for better things tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment