14 hours ago
Thursday, January 15, 2009
This is what I am currently working on. . . . . It is a New Look pattern that I have somewhat modified. I added piping to the princess seams and added embroidery to the lining (picture to soon follow!) In this photo I have not yet attached the collar or larger piping all around the outer edge and the contrasting sleeve band. I made a muslin prior to cutting my fabric and was happy with the fit with some minor tweaking (waist and shoulders). The lighting in this photo is very poor, but I chose a rusty coral randomly pleated dupioni with the contrast of an olive green embroidered dupioni. The piping is cut from a blue green cotton/silk blend. That is also what I chose for the lining. I was a little concerned about how all this would drape, but so far I have been very pleased with the result. I especially liked the curve of the raglan sleeve - it matched the slope of my shoulders very well. I had read some reviews that the shoulder slope created a somewhat armour looking poof, but I guess I just lucked out here. I'll keep you posted on my status! Happy sewing!