Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, happy Valentine's day one and all! Hope everyone is spending the day with the ones they love. Once again, this has nothing to do with sewing, but it is my blog so I guess anything goes! I spent most of the day in my pj's, which was truly delightful! My 17 year old son left for a weekend trip which has made it pretty quiet and lonely around here, but at least he did give me a hug and kiss and wish me a happy Valentine's day before he left. My darling husband politely suggested it to him though, so I'm feeling the blues as our oldest is quickly nearing the time when he will fly the coop. My mom always said I would never know how painful that is until it happens to me, and she was of course 100% right! I did fix a nice dinner and husband, 1o year old daughter, 9 year old son and I had a quiet candle lit dinner for four. Thought about going down to the dungeon and digging in some more on the sewing room, but energy level is low on this cold, dreary Colorado day. To make matters worse, the USA channel has shown non-stop love movies all day and I got started watching "The Breakup" with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. What a waste of 2 hours! The title sums it all up - no happy endings here. Geesh! Couldn't they have at least picked the sappy ones where everyone lives happily ever after? It's Valentine's Day for crying out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment