Saturday, February 21, 2009

Purse project


SEW I'm starting on a purse to use up some of my stash. I had bought some zebra and giraffe print wool last September thinking I would make purses for my nieces for Christmas and that never happened (shocker I know!) so now that I'm cleaning out my sewing room I am actually using the stuff I'm finding buried under other stuff. Here's a picture so far - I'm using the Feb. 2009 BWOF purse pattern as a starting point, but adding my own ideas as I go.

I used a celery ultrasuede instead of leather and a periwinkle blue silk for the piping. I'm adding a zipper to the top because I always spill the contents of my purse when I slam on my brakes (which hardly ever happens! - but I want to be prepared just in case). I'm lining it with a celery rayon and have added purse feet (I have no idea what they are actually called) but they look like little studs sticking out of the bottom. A girl should always have studs sticking out of her purse don't you think? I am also including a tab with a magnetic closure because most of the time I won't zip it closed but would like stuff to stay in anyway. More pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment