Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cleaning out, cutting off and starting on. . .

Cleaning out . . . .

Yep, I told myself I could not start another project until I cleaned out my messy sewing room. The task is overwhelming, so I'm taking baby steps here. Tonight I sorted through a stack of magazines and tore out those articles/projects that I was interested. I've vowed to do this as I read them from now on!


Cutting off . . .

Congrats to my darling daughter who cut off 12 1/2 inches of hair and donated it to Locks of Love! She was so afraid her hair would be too short and boyish, but she had enough to have it lay just below her shoulders! We're so proud and so very thankful we have a healthy child who can do this for someone else.


Starting on . . .
OK, so I put this last because even though I told myself I would not start on another project until my sewing space is organized, I just can't do it. In my hope the that damn groundhog is wrong, I'm starting on a spring linen jacket. I got the pattern from Favorite Things and am using a dusty blue linen with a pale lime print silk lining. It's a simple tailored mandarin jacket, but I did decide to add welt pockets to it. I'm still getting the hang of these, but they turned out ok. (picture to follow soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment